Partnership for Change
Child Care Associates and The Miles Foundation have partnered to create the first-ever online platform of go-to resources specifically customized for child care centers across Texas.
Click below to learn more about our sustainable approach to supporting local child care providers – and find out why we believe our state’s success is directly tied to our child care programs’ outcomes.
Why Child Care Matters
Supporting the wide-scale success of child care businesses and quality programming for young children in Texas is an essential ingredient to building a brighter future for our families and a thriving next-generation workforce for our cities.
- 90% Of brain development occurs by age 5.
- 4X Children who experience high quality early childhood are 4 times as likely to graduate high school and college.
- 60% Of non-working parents cite child care as a top reason for not participating in the workforce.
Identifying the Gap
Child care businesses in Texas provide some of the most valuable services to our communities by developing and educating our youngest citizens, but they often lack the financial, organizational, and personnel supports that are essential for building a sustainable and successful business. Attaining and maintaining quality early childhood programming in Texas is a challenge, as well – without a uniformly adopted quality rating system, many child care providers are left without tangible resources to help them design, evaluate, and enhance their curriculum, or provide professional development for their staff.
Building the Solution
Together, Child Care Associates and The Miles Foundation have launched TX Child Care Tools, providing instantaneous access to hard-to-find child care management resources that help build quality child care programs and sustainable child care businesses across Texas. From financial templates to HR forms, high-quality curricula, teacher tools, and instructional videos – the TX Child Care Tools platform saves child care program directors valuable time and money. With updated weekly content featuring the latest in evidence-based strategies and tools, we are dedicated to creating a dynamic, easy-to-use website for Texas child care providers.
Sustaining Change for Children
Our vision is for every child care program in Texas to have access to the resources and support they need to thrive through the TX Child Care Tools online platform. While we are driving a new sustainable solution for all child care programs across Texas, we are also developing a stand-alone, leading-edge social innovation venture model through the TX Child Care Tools website.
By providing startup capital for the TX Child Care Tools platform, The Miles Foundation has partnered with Child Care Associates (CCA) in a shared goal to:
- Create a platform that serves all Texas child care providers in their path toward quality and sustainability,
- Create a business model that will support the site’s ongoing development and resource updates in perpetuity, and help sustain quality child care for the largest child development nonprofit in North Texas, serving over 500,000 children over the last four decades.
In summary, your membership to TX Child Care Tools will:
- Strengthen your business, your students, and your community
- Support best practices pioneered by and shared through CCA
- Sustain a Texas-wide online community of early learning professionals, practices, and resources
Thank you for joining us in this innovative and important work to create strong beginnings for a brighter future for Texas. For more information, please contact us.
1 Sources: 1) www. heckmanequation.com 2) “The Milestones of Your Little Rocket Scientist’s Development,” Early Childhood Education Degrees, 2013 3) “Closing the workforce gap in Dallas,” Boston Consulting Group, 2017.